It’s a program that helps low-income families pay their child care cost.
You must submit an application to the ELRC to see if you meet the guidelines for the subsidized child care program.
The following are the basic guidelines:
- You must live in Pennsylvania
- Have a child or children who need child care while you work or attend an education program
- Meet income guidelines for your family size
- Work 20 or more hours a week – or-
- Work 10 hours and go to school or train for 10 hours a week
- Have a promise of a job that will start within 30 days of your application for subsidized child care
- Teen parents must attend an education program
- The child who needs care must be a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residency
- Have proof of identification for each parent or caretaker in the home.
The annual income for a family to be eligible to receive a subsidy is 200 percent or less of the Federal Poverty Income GuidelinesOpens In A New Window:
|Family Size||Maximum Yearly|
Family Income (May 2021)