PUP’S Job Search Services
Philadelphia residents have been coming to PUP to assist them in their job search services for over 30 years. Although we are not a job placement agency, a good percentage of people who use our services end up finding work in a relatively short period of time.
Our Job Search Services consist of 5 primary areas.
- Weekly Jobs Club – Jobs Club is the centerpiece of PUP’s job search services. It’s a place and space where unemployed people looking for work come to: share experiences, gain knowledge about various aspects of the job search, get resources and get leads for jobs. Jobs Club meets each Tuesday at 10: 00am.
- Computer Lab – We have a computer lab of over 13 workstations available for people to use for their job search. On most days there is someone in the lab to assist people with basic things like setting up email, uploading resumes and navigating the internet. The lab is open 5 days per week from 9 AM – 4:30pm. We are also a Philly KeySpot location. https://www.phillykeyspots.org/
- Resume Clinic – Normally every other Wednesday at 11 AM and Thursday at 2 PM we hold a resume clinic conducted by a professional resume writer to help you create “A resume that shines.” Even if you already have a resume, you should come to our resume clinic. Guaranteed you will learn something new that could make that critical difference in getting your resume noticed.
- One-on-One Coaching – Usesr of our job search services can make an appointment for a one-on-one coaching session with our Job Developer. The Job Developer will help you develop a strategy based on networking activities that will help you land a job that’s a good fit.
- For Returning Citizens or people with criminal backgrounds – We provide resources, guidance and support for returning citizens (ex-offenders) and people with criminal backgrounds to help them find work.
- The Workplace at the Free Library of Philadelphia, Logan Branch
- Pa CareerLink
- TCRC (The Center for Returning Citizens)
- WPSI (The West Philly Skills Initiative)
- The Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians