The Philadelphia Unemployment Project is hiring a full-time Bookkeeper/Office Manager. This position includes fully-paid employer health insurance, and other benefits based on our union contract.
1. Financial Operations:
· Managing cash flow
· Preparing and revising budgets
· Preparing and submitting monthly invoices to main funders
· Accounts Payables/Receivables according to Board approved budgets
· Payroll/pay deduction and benefits management
· Monthly financial reports for the Board
· Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements
· Funding proposals: assist with budgets, review proposals and provide supporting documents.
· Identify potential grant to meet the financial and operational needs of the organization. Ensure complete documentation of funding awards.
2. Answering incoming calls related to unemployment, housing, and transportation services
3. Working with volunteers to assist clients and to work on various projects
4. Keeping and organizing personnel records
5. Supporting campaigns and initiatives by our housing, transportation and organizing teams
6. Supporting company operations by maintaining office systems and the office condition, and arranging the necessary repairs
. Proven bookkeeping and accounting experience
. Proven experience with Quickbooks (proficient)
· Excel (proficient)
· Computer literacy
. Bachelor´s Degree in a related field
· Excellent communication skills
The Philadelphia Unemployment Project is an activist organization working with unemployed and low-income Philadelphians. PUP provides services to the unemployed and works on policy issues of importance to low income and working people.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org